We are 6 weeks into deployment. We've had our ups and downs, but for the moment things are looking up. Spring has FINALLY sprung, the weather has been amazing this week(ie kicking the boys outside has immensly improved Joey's attitude), and Sarah has slept 6ish hours straight for 3 nights in a row. Gideon is conquering the big boy potty, and we are one day closer to daddy coming home. It's truly amazing what more than 2 hrs of consecutive sleep can do for your outlook on life. On today's agenda: haircuts for the boys and planning a care package for daddy.
In the midst of nitty gritty life, I find it hard to make time for focused Bible study and prayer. I get so caught up with what I want to accomplish in a day, that I don't stop and take time away from my projects or chores to pray, or to spend time reading God's word. I fill my free moments with dishes, laundry, going to the gym, or facebook instead of God's word. This morning I am reminded of how important it is to be in tune with Him, in His word learning what He has to say. Stopping for a few minutes to pray and open my heart to hear Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment