Monday, March 17, 2014

Do you KNOW Him?

Reading 2 Timothy 1 this morning. Its (relatively) quiet. Kids and hubby are asleep,  its just the kitties playing. Its dark still,  I have my cup of coffee and I'm taking the chance to read and ponder.
Verse 12 stands out to me, even though I've heard it a million times,  memorized it, heard sermons on it. It says "Yet I am not ashamed,  because I know whom I have believed,  and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. "
Now yesterday, we were challenged to be ambassadors for Christ. We were challenged to share the gospel. Its our calling. As believers we are commanded to do this. Yet its hard. It is SO hard. And scary. But why is something that we are all called to do so difficult?
When I read this verse, it started to make sense. Paul's confidence came from knowing Christ. He knew who he believed in. He was convinced of the power of God.
How well do I really know my Saviour? If I really knew Him, I would have the confidence to share Him. Am I convinced of His power? God has done amazing things in my life. I need to take the time to remember those things. To reflect on who He is. And believer, if its been awhile,  if you're not sure of Him, or can't remember the last awesome thing God did for you,  then ask! Ask Him to convince you. Because I truly believe that He wants to be honestly and deeply known. He wants to demonstrate His power in us, do that others will see. Lets KNOW our Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment