We have a new dog. She's a puppy. Very cute. Very cuddly. But exhausting. One more "little" to keep track of. More poo and pee to clean. I forgot how much puppies are like babies. We picked her up Saturday night. She was a surprise to the kids, they didn't know we were getting her. Her flight however, was 4 hours late. That's a long time to wait in an airport past bedtime with 3 small children. It was 2am by the time we got home. Poor puppy was all wound up, so it was after 3 by the time my husband and I got to sleep. The next day was rough. Grumpy kids, grumpy parents, an adorable puppy peeing everywhere and chewing on everything. Last night, after putting the kids to bed almost 2 hours early, and taking the dog outside for the fourth time in an hour, I looked at my husband and I was totally overwhelmed. "I think we bit off more than we could chew." She has been great though, aside from the puddles. She's sweet, she mostly chews on her toys and one rug she's grown attached to. She is great with the kids, not overly rowdy for the most part, and loves to just be beside you. I'm excited to have another dog, I just forgot how much work they are as puppies. And today has been better. Sleep works wonders. For everyone. It reminds me again of God's amazing patience with us, His unconditional and everlasting love. Even though I'm far away from my cuteness "saving" me (like Karu), I know He isn't going to run out of patience, He is always there to listen, even at 3am when I'm cleaning puppy pee, and at 5 when I'm changing diapers. I am so thankful His love is not conditional.
So the next week will be a little crazy, but we'll get there. We'll survive one day and a time, and someday, she will learn to pee outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment