Sunday, a day of "R&R", or at least putting off 'til the last minute everything that needs to be accomplished for Monday. Yesterday morning I was smart. I got out my crockpot so dinner wasn't a biggie. I loaded it up and realized that WOW. This is a lot of food. So I texted a friend, and asked if they had plans. They didn't, yay! This was a new recipe (to follow), and I decided that hey, I have the ingredients, why not try a cheesecake for the first time ever since we're having company anyway? Yum. I love cheesecake. So long story short, I tried out 3 new recipes on my friends and family. It seems like that is always the case, having people over is a good excuse to try something new.:) Here are the recipes I attempted and the general verdicts:
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
http://www.getcrocked.com/2011/11/14/crock-pot-balsamic-chicken/
I thought it was delicious. I did substitute chicken breasts for the thighs, The kids ate it without complaining excessively. Our company seemed to enjoy it. Apparently my husband doesn't like anything balsamic. So sadly, I will save repeat for a night when he's not home.
Wild rice. Just cooked it with some chicken broth and parsley.
Baked Broccoli
http://www.food.com/recipe/crunchy-baked-broccoli-506312
Super simple, and delish! Everyone loved this one, and it reminds me of summer BBQs.... can't wait!
Cheesecake Supreme
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/cheesecake-supreme/
I cheated and bought a crust. That turned out to be a little too small, so I just baked the extra filling in a small pan without a crust. Still yummy! I didn't know what to expect, so I was a little terrified that it failed completely when I pulled it out of the oven and it was huge and puffy. But it settled down, and tasted super yummy. I want more.
So yeah, yummy food, fun with friends, what more could you ask for?:) Stay tuned for more posts...
No comments:
Post a Comment