Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter

As we approach another holiday weekend,  I find myself reevaluating what is really important. There is so much commercialism that bombards us and especially our kids, I want to make sure my kids know what Easter is really all about. Now, I'm not super mom. I haven't been on pinterest at all, we did one craft that had no spiritual purpose, and I'm working really hard just to read them our Children's Bible every night leading up to Easter,  but even then I'm questioning myself. Shouldn't this be the most important part of our every day? Why is it just this week (that happens to be spring break) that I'm making time to emphasize Jesus? Is it because we're not behind schedule by 7:15 every morning this week, do I blame our busy school day schedule? Or is the problem with me? Have I not made knowing Jesus and being in His Word a priority in our house? I'm learning and realizing that I need to make some changes. Maybe a little more structured reading time when we can actually read God's word together. Maybe a short memory verse we can work on together.  That means a little less cleaning,  a little less coffee (ouch), a little less breathing space for me, but I so desperately want for my kids the life changing experience of knowing Jesus as their personal savior.
Easter is a season of hope, forgiveness, and new beginnings. Spring is finally here,  and our Saviour is alive! I am so excited to share that joy with my family. And so grateful that Jesus has redeemed me, in spite of past mistakes,  and what better time than now to start new, make a new priority that is a little less focused on being on time and a lot more focused on making time for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment