Monday, April 14, 2014

The Balancing Act

I've been hearing a lot about balance lately, but somehow it seems to escape me. I just finished doing the Bible study "Makeover: Revitalizing the Many Roles You Fill" by Jen Hatmaker with a dear group of friends. Over at The Better Mom they have been doing a series on finding balance as a busy mom. Whether you work, stay home, have kids, are single, finding balance is something that we all struggle right now.
I posted last week about our adorable new puppy and the challenges of housebreaking her. This week I'm recovering from a cold and trying to figure out how to begin training for the 18.12 mile race I signed up for, and include that into everyday life of trying to have some devotional time, play with and teach my kids, have time with my husband each day, cook healthy meals for my family, train a dog, get the chores done and laundry folded, the dishes done, help at church, and be there for the friends God has blessed me with. Juggling kids activities, church activities, at home time, cleaning, exercise, and everything else seems a little intimidating.
We just began a new study on "Gideon: Your weakness, Gods strength". I'm excited to see what God has for me to learn as I find my place in this current season of my life. And I have blocked out this afternoon for sitting down and planning my "schedule", to include all the things God has put into my life. I think the key for starters is coming up with a plan, and then tackling it moment by moment with the strength and grace God gives us. I'll keep you posted!

Bonus: A link to my current new favorite recipe for homemade granola bars:
Inspired Taste Soft and Chewy Granola Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment