I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I have a hard time thinking of anything "blog-worthy". But here it is, finally, and I hope you enjoy the journey with me.
At the suggestion of a friend, we are going to attempt to do the "Whole30" diet for the next 3 weeks (I know, it's not the full 30 days, but it's what fits our schedule right now, so I'm going for it!). Some of you may be familiar with it, but for those of you who are staring at that number with confusion,it's basically 30 days with no sugar, no dairy, no grains, no legumes, no alcohol(non-issue since I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant with kiddo #4), no additives(MSG, carrageenan, sulfites, anything you can't pronounce). (Check out www.whole30.com) And all 5 (well, 6) of us are going to attempt this. This means my kids will be faced with lots of foods that they "don't like" (we'll see how hungry they get). Now, I'm not going crazy, when we're at church and the kind older ladies give them a cookie, I'm going to let them make the decision whether or not to eat it. After their soccer game, I'm not going to tell them that they don't get the snack that all the other kids do. And telling my husband tat diet soda isn't allowed? Yeah, I'm not even going to go there. I'm going to leave it up to them. But we have been doing a lot of talking about making healthy choices, and I'll be warning them that if they DO choose to eat those things that they may not feel so great.
Why are we doing this? Well, I need a sugar reset. Seriously. And I think an overall reset will be good for all of us. I'm hoping that we can all learn to like some of these foods a little better, and in the future that we'll make better choices overall, whether it's grain and dairy free or not. (I do plan to add these things back in! I mean, there's only so long I can do coffee without creamer.) So consider this my intro. I spent the past week meal planning, reading, and food (and family) prepping. I'll be posting throughout this journey, and stay tuned for future posts!

No comments:
Post a Comment