Monday, April 23, 2012

Life in NY

You are not your own, for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 There are so many lessons I can learn and take away from these verses. But the thing that comes to mind first is what is it I am holding back from God? What am I clinging to, that I will not relinquish to His control? And by not surrendering, I am not recognizing or submitting to His authority over me. I am saying that the price He paid, Jesus' death on the cross, is not enough. Who am I to claim that I am above His grace? And so today, my prayer is that He would show me where I have not given up ownership. For grace to surrender, and for hope that as He works in this life of His, He will be glorified in all that I am. New York is cold. And windy. It snowed again last night, "It's Christmas!" Joey says every time he sees snow.:) There is a lot to explore when the weather is nice, I have a huge list of things I want to see while we are here. Joey is in a sports skills class at the YMCA, and both boys start swimming lessons on Saturday. I think we finally found a good church fit yesterday, they have Sunday School for Joey, it's a fairly small church but several families with small kids, and they taught the Bible! I'm excited to go back next week. Still trying to get my Marykay up and going, have a few gals coming over this week. I've met a few gals in our neighborhood that have kids, so we are getting there! Looking forward to a trip home this summer! Yippee! It will go so fast tho!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sis, that's convicting. I'll be praying about surrender too. Looking forward to seeing you in the summer!

    ReplyDelete