Thursday, April 12, 2012

Introduction...

Meet me. I am a 28 year old mom of two boys, ages 3 and 21 months. I am an army wife. My hobbies include running, cooking(out of necessity:/), and drinking coffee. Lots of coffee.:) my husband is forever telling me to write a book, so this is my attempt at writing anything. This morning started out early, like every morning does in our house, about 5:30. After being climbed on, kicked, kneed, elbowed and spit on by my boys I finally dragged myself out of bed. At least I remembered to set the auto timer on the coffee pot! After another 30minutes of frustration at two needy grumpy little boys and at life in general... WHY do I have to be up this early AGAIN!? I realized, this is not how my day needs to start. So after shooting up an arrow prayer for patience and forgiveness, we started over. The kids got chocolate milk and Veggie tales, I got my much needed coffee and a few quiet moments in the Word. 1 Corinthians 1... For the 3rd day in row.:) This morning I read verses 26-31, and I realized I wasn't picked for this job because I am good at it(because I'm not), or because I'm perfect(because I'm not), or even because God thought it would be entertaining to watch me try(because I'm really not that funny). He chose me for this job of mothering two crazy toddlers because HE is perfect, HE is good at it, and He wants to show the world how awesome HE is. How cool is that, that He chose me to help Him do that? And so, with the help of another cup of coffee, we can do this today. With His help, and I know that I am not alone. 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 For consider your calling brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish thongs of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, sounds like you're learning a lot about dieing to self. And spitting on you?!? Yuck! :)

    ReplyDelete